Monday, November 16, 2009

Personal Story: Bulletin Board Notice Encourages Fun

Some of you may know that part of my job here at GCTV is to check our mail@gctv.org address. Occasionally, public service announcements are sent to that address instead of psa@gctv.org. I usually just forward them on but sometimes they catch my eye and I want to learn more. In this case, it was a PSA about this past weekend's fundraiser for AIDS CARE/Hampshire County. On Sunday afternoon a couple of friends of mine and I attended the Chocolate Dessert Buffet & Silent Auction in Northampton. It was great fun; my friends and I laughed a lot, ate some yummy deserts, and even bid on a few items for this good cause---I came away the top bidder on a set of hilarious greeting cards (I'll post a pic on here later). It didn't cost an arm and a leg to participate but it did help people. There are many great events in our community and I encourage you to check out any of the ones you see posted between our regularly scheduled programming. You may be in for a real treat! ---Alicia

No comments: